Monday, September 5, 2011

Shade Bed!

I love plants that grow in the shade. At our old house we only had one small spot for shade plants, but at the new house we have a bit more space. I planted coleus and hostas, two plants I love. I also plan on planting bleeding hearts behind the tree. I can't find them now, but I'll get some in the spring.

Ha! I am calling this my "shade bed" but look at this picture...it's in the sun!  It actually gets sun for about an hour in the late afternoon. The rest of the day it is in the shade.


I love the colors in this coleus!

2 comments:

  1. OMG. Those are beautiful! I've not heard of coleus. I wonder if they would grow here. Do you know? K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly lovely. I love coleus too. They make a great house plant and love humidity. ...j

    ReplyDelete